Monday, December 11, 2017

Weekend Journal!

On Thursday, mum picked me up early to go to Mcleans Island. There was a showjumping event which is called Christmas Cracker, and the fun thing is that you get to dress up yourself and your horses instead of wearing all of your normal things you are supposed to wear. In the end, I was going to put tinsel on my martingale but unfortunately it came off, but then we did get tinsel on my saddle blanket and my helmet. My outfit was nearly normal compared to some outfits people were wearing. They had an I heart Santa dress, fairy wings, tinsel everywhere, it was amazing. Christmas Cracker was my first event that I was going to do a meter in. It was a big step up for me, because you move up to Ring two, and there was much more fillers and the competition was much harder. Overall I think I did really well and I am much more confident with my showjumping skills, and I am so excited to do some more meters with Skippy in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Tess

    My name is Allie, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey.

    It sounds like you had a great time at the event at Mcleans Island. That's a long way to travel with your horse. Sound like a lot of fun being able to dress up for the show. You did very well.


    We are thrilled that you've registered for the Summer Learning Journey with us. I know it can sometimes be tricky to get started. I have included a link to the week one activities, but remember, you can do them in any order! Check out the activities on our website, and then post your responses to the activities here on your blog site.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/week-one

    I am so excited to read all of your posts!

    Cheers,

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.