Sunday, December 31, 2017

Summer Learning Journey! (Bonus)

Back in the 1800s, most Māori ate a simple diet. They ate foods that they could catch in the water (eg. fish) or grow on the land (eg. kumara). They did not have access to a supermarket to buy food for their meals!

Activity:
On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

My favourite meal is chicken and cranberry pizza!
Image result for chicken and cranberry pizza
The reason why I love chicken and cranberry pizza is because it's really cheesy, and it's got a little bit of sweetness from the cranberry too. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe, so if you want to try it, you can make up your own recipe - or search one up.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tess

    I really like chicken and cranberry pizza too! Good choice.
    You can add a lots of different things to it to change it.
    Do you like to make you own base or do you buy the base?
    I like to do both. Sometimes I will make the base if I have time. But if I'm busy or been working I will just buy the base and add the toppings.
    I also like Chicken, Apricot and Cream cheese pizza. I make this one quite often. Everyone in my house likes this one, it is one of our favourites.

    It is a good thing to have on a Sunday night!

    Well done

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allie
      I have never made my own base of the pizza but we put our own pizza toppings on!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Tess,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emily") and along with Allie, I am also part of the Summer Learning Journey team! I was scrolling through your blog and mmm... This blog post caught my attention. This pizza looks so delicious. I love pizzas that have a thinner base because I enjoy a bit of crispiness in pizzas.

    This might sound like an odd combination, but my favourite pizza is butter chicken pizza! It has a pizza base and butter chicken as it's topping. It is divine. Have you tried butter chicken pizza before?

    The Summer Learning Journey team can't wait to read more of your blog posts! Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emiely!
      No, I have not had butter chicken pizza before, but I love normal butter chicken so I should give it a try!

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.