Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Science Road Show Reflection

On the 14th of March Ruma J went for a 35 minute drive to Grey High for a Science Road Show. It was supported by Science Alive!  and Ministry of Education. In the first show they talked about liquid nitrogen and dry ice. They got a flower and dipped it in the cup of liquid nitrogen. The host pulled it out again and all the petals started to shatter all around the table. That was my favorite of the 1st show. We stayed there for 2 shows. I enjoyed the 2nd show the best. The Road show hosts looked at 1 drop of pond water under a microscope and little tiny bugs were creeping around in the water. But from our eyes it was just 1 drop of clean water! Between the 2 shows we saw we had a 30 minute break to look at lots of little exhibits around the room. My favourite one was looking under a huge microscope and seeing lots of little samples of interesting items. The downside I had that there were lots of people and it was hard to see all of the exhibits I wanted to. I had a really fun time and I'm looking forward to seeing it again!
Displaying IMG_5850.JPG
Displaying IMG_5862.JPG
Displaying IMG_5868.JPG
Displaying IMG_5888.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.