Monday, March 19, 2018

My Weekend Journal!

On Saturday Mum, Tara and I woke up early to go to Christchurch for my first ODE for the season. This time, instead of doing 65cm, I decided to push myself to do 80cm. We got their the night before and we did some cross country training near the event, and got Skippy shod at the same time. Once we had finished training, we drove to the place the ODE was held, and started walking my courses and plaiting Skippy up for the dressage. The next day we had a tiny bit of a sleep-in and we got up at 7:30, my dressage was at 12:00pm. whilst we waited I went and walked my courses again, and grazed Skip. Overall, My dressage went really well, and I got a pretty good score too. Next it was showjumping, and I got clear which was really good too! Next it was the hardest part, the cross country. Unfortunately Skippy wasn't in her rhythm when we started, so we had a stop at fence number one. It went great until fence number 10, which was a corner, and she swerved out of that one too. But, we came back into it and she jumped it great. Overall I had three stops out of 21 jumps, and I think that I did really well, because it was quite a hard course compared to the little 65's I'm used to. I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.